Overflowing

Posted On 9:04 PM |

Life has been non-stop, crazy, up-and-down, upside-down...one of these days I'll collect my thoughts properly and fill you in. But in the meantime......



My heart is overflowing.


It's not the first time, of course. When dear ones have great moments, when it's quiet enough to think about how much I love my kids, when Hubby reminds me what a nice guy he is...stuff like that. You just feel all warm and fuzzy.


But in the last week it has overflowed with all kinds of love and, frankly, I had trouble sorting it out.


My aunt has finally returned to Toronto after spending the first month-and-a-half of her recovery from a stroke in Orlando. How sweet my uncle's sleep must have been that first night, in his own bed (soon to be even sweeter when his beloved is well enough to rest right beside him)...


One of my dearest friends got engaged the other day. "I am so happy for her" doesn't cut it. She is a beautiful person, inside and out, and it continues to be a delight to watch her life just get better and better.

An oldie-but-goodie friend and her husband buried their precious newborn baby girl CA this week. Hearing the news, seeing them grieve, and remembering loved ones who have walked along similar paths literally left me in a daze all week. As all funerals tend to do, this little angel's led to a lot of reflection about motherless daughters, childless mothers, what is and isn't truly important in life....

I really struggled with managing both ends of the spectrum, but in the end, as always, I left it up to Him and was reminded (in the evenings spent with the kiddies, while catching up with pals, amid the bursts of laughter shared with my siblings, in the kept promises of new opportunities) that He is good, all the time. (After all, He doesn't put us in front of mountains we can't climb...)
edit post
2 Response to 'Overflowing'
  1. Saads
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/07/overflowing.html?showComment=1248389488773#c8278833493443794656'> July 23, 2009 at 6:51 PM

    Sounds like you've had quite the time lately. I love your last line. Hope you are well.

     

  2. Cheryl Anne
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/07/overflowing.html?showComment=1250059532490#c4534650056296852065'> August 12, 2009 at 2:45 AM

    You speak of my sentiments exactly.

    "He, who is all-good and deserving of all our love"

    Your comments on motherless daughters and childless mothers pulls dear strings, as I start to come to grips with the reality of my a dear friend, who may not live to see her daughter's 3rd birthday.

    Yes, mountains He places in front of us...mountains we must climb and see what's on the other side.

    Miss you.