Happy Beefster! Oops, I meant "Easter".

Lent has come to an end and tomorrow will be a day full of praise for our True Hero, family QT, and yes, people, gooood food.

I don't know that I succeeded in being more patient over the Lenten season, I confess, my brothers and sisters. But with that promise, everyday is Lent. I did, however, manage to go beefless for forty days and thirty-nine nights (alas, there was that one day when I unknowingly purchased an M&M meat lasagna).

This was sort of my intro to my quest to eat better in general and, thankfully, avoiding beef wasn't so hard. I only had to refuse hubby-mama's delish nilaga (beef bone-based soup) once. And now that the warmer weather is officially upon us (because if I see any more snow, I'm going to write an extremely irate letter to Mother Nature), I can start checking our area for happy chicken farms (i.e. certified organic, the ones that have more space to run free and all that great old school farm jazz).

However. I have reviewed my parents' and siblings' emails from the past week about their potluck contributions for tomorrow's celebration and as yet, nobody's bringing beef. I just might drive thru for a Whopper on the way to the house.
edit post
2 Response to 'Forget the eggs, and all the chocolate too.'
  1. Treeh
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/04/forget-eggs-and-all-chocolate-too.html?showComment=1239558660000#c3567038955679049952'> April 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM

    Yo, I got you on the beef. JUST. FOR. YOU.

     

  2. u_turnlady
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/04/forget-eggs-and-all-chocolate-too.html?showComment=1239572160000#c3474686064821527470'> April 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM

    okay, we need to do a beef and french fries lunch this week!