What's In A Name

Posted On 10:44 PM |

After months of ego-pinching searching, I finally found myself at a great job, at a great company.  And you should see the washrooms...

I'm really enjoying myself, but there is one thing that I'm struggling with since starting the day after my birthday (oh ya, I turned 33 a couple of weeks ago!  Will share more on that later).  My identity crisis.  If you don't already know, I was christened Cecilia Leonor and Leah/Lei is nowhere on any of my official documents.  But for, like, ever, I have been going by Leah and at my last job I couldn't handle being addressed per my resume so after two weeks I told them to stop calling me Cecilia.  They probably thought I was crazy.  I think I am too.  Cecilia's a pretty name.  St. Cecilia is the patron saint of music.  Cecilia is a catchy, foot-stomping, hand-slapping Simon and Garfunkel song (although she sounds like a bit of a tramp if you listen closely).

I've decided not to ask my co-workers to "just call me Leah" and get to know the me that my parents intended me to be.  I sort of feel like I'm entering the witness protection plan because after over thirty years I'm letting people call me something else.   Now if I could just recognize the sound of the name and connect it to myself when someone is talking to me...
edit post
3 Response to 'What's In A Name'
  1. Anonymous
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/12/whats-in-name.html?showComment=1260295154164#c5756070788591106520'> December 8, 2009 at 12:59 PM

    Good day !.
    You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
    There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
    AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

    I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
    It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://abybepit.digitalzones.com/jiwinu.html
    and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

     

  2. kaleihiwahiwa
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/12/whats-in-name.html?showComment=1260584639462#c1522183873038120298'> December 11, 2009 at 9:23 PM

    i have the same problem with my name. during the classes i've been taking, i've already asked the instructors to use my 2nd name but to keep the paperwork with both names.

    on the plus side, having that very-seldom-used first names does help when screening telephone calls.

     

  3. Lel
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/12/whats-in-name.html?showComment=1261194117611#c6760058285254179176'> December 18, 2009 at 10:41 PM

    Hmmm, now I know I'm not anywhere near getting people to call me by my first name. You go girl!