Love your home

Posted On 3:46 PM |

With the countdown to my Faves' big move to California down to 5.5 weeks, my best friend and I have almost run out of things to do, places to go for our weekly QT dates. Or so we thought.

A day spent at Ikea is a day well spent. And potentially the contents of your wallet. I've fallen victim to the trick $1 breakfast before, leaving sometime after lunch with $200+ worth of merchandise. But where else can you dine on meatballs with lingonberry sauce while watching your rugrats tire themselves out at the wall of those bead/wire thingies (OMG I forgot what they're called) - or better yet, check them into the free daycare centre for a couple hours and save yourself the agony of peeling off 20 paper tape measures and grabbing 10 pencils just to keep them quiet. (Yikes, am I the only one who does that?)
I practiced some serious self-control today and came home with some kiddie utensils and a couple of toilet brushes. And enjoyed a frozen yogurt cone at the end of it all - after all, you can't leave without getting at least one of the lower level treats: cinnamon bun, frozen yogurt or a 50 cent hot dog!
I just have one question: WHAT IS IT ABOUT THOSE DOGGONE SHOPPING CARTS??? I swear I've developed blisters on the sides of my feet trying to make those things go straight. Someone please tell me the Swedish philosophy behind the full-swivel-rotating cart idea, because it's not as clear to me as the genius behind the giant Dyson ball...

edit post
1 Response to 'Love your home'
  1. Cheryl Anne
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2009/04/love-your-home.html?showComment=1241453820000#c2792348598446491427'> May 4, 2009 at 12:17 PM

    I believe the word you're looking for is "abacus", perhaps?

    LOL about the measuring tapes! I discovered that source of pleasure just recently...it's like catnip for kids!

    Here's my previous shopping cart post. Those danggit carts!

    http://cherylannem.blogspot.com/2008/07/when-mother-just-wants-to-disappear.html#links