What to do, what to do

Posted On 6:48 PM |

As I had alluded to in earlier posts, Thursday was my little guy's first day of school. The excitement had been building for weeks; his first-day-of-school-outfit, knapsack, lunch bag and shoes were parked by the front door since mid-August. I grew anxious in the last few days, as he warned me not to cry. If you know me well, you know I'm a cryer. Even when things are funny, I cry. So before we left the house that morning, I stuffed a wad of kleenex into my pocket. Miraculously, I didn't use a single one. He was so at ease and confident that I didn't get emotional at all! I did get a bit nostalgic during the walk home, though.

As many of our friends and family mentioned, you might be wondering what hubby and I would do with ourselves and the big old empty house? Some joked about #4 coming along. Actually everyone did. On the contrary...as soon as we got home, I went straight to the household chores:

While I was outside tending the lawn, hubby dealt with some traffic issues down in the basement.
Well, the emptiness of the house just got us so frustrated and restless that we got into a big fight.
Luckily it's been a few days now and we're more accustomed to the routine. Things are going much more smoothly now.

edit post
2 Response to 'What to do, what to do'
  1. Treeh
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-to-do-what-to-do.html?showComment=1220965080000#c70787552061127321'> September 9, 2008 at 8:58 AM

    I'm STILL laughing!!!

     

  2. {sam}
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/09/what-to-do-what-to-do.html?showComment=1220985000000#c268703856370248215'> September 9, 2008 at 2:30 PM

    OMG - so THESE are the pictures you were talking about. Unfriggin believable.

    I agree with the concensus that with all this "time" on your hands, I predict #4 by the time I get married. Start booking your sitter.