It is done.

Posted On 9:36 PM |

It's been two days since Halloween and I am still recovering. Here are a few pictures of my finished projects.
Hubby = A Koodo mobile spokesman
#1 = Giselle from Enchanted
#2 = Luke Skywalker in X-Wing Fighter Pilot gear
#3 = SuperWhy, with the power to read
Me = olympic gymnast (can't see my costume, but I am eating candy sushi with lollichopsticks)

I'm proud to say that all of these costumes were no-sew projects. I'd like to give a big thanks to my dear friends Clearance Rack, Glue Gun, Adhesive Felt, and Craft Foam. Shout outs also go out to my new buddies Heat N Bond, Papier Mache and the 200-pack of safety pins. Two of the costumes even won Best Costume prizes at the Halloween fundraiser party we attended and my little Luke was admired by several nostalgic neighbours.

And then there's the pumpkin. I was insane on Friday afternoon, I don't know what got into me, but I knew the kids would love it. It took about three talk shows to complete all the carving. And happily, I made the flesh thin enough so that the candlelight glowed through. I'll be sad to see it rot away in the coming days.

Wow, that was fun! Next up - CHRISTMAS!!!! Well, among other things...
edit post
1 Response to 'It is done.'
  1. {sam}
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/11/it-is-done.html?showComment=1225740000000#c8868993105884761469'> November 3, 2008 at 2:20 PM

    Wow. Ben...

    Good call!