Planet Earth

Posted On 5:40 PM |


I can't remember how I was first introduced to Planet Earth last spring (I don't have Discovery Channel so didn't know about it before then), but when it happened, I immediately went on an obsessive hunt for the dvds to rent. I found them available at an underground lair of obscure titles and new releases that were so new (but first quality), they weren't supposed to be released yet. I'm ashamed to say I burned about half the cost of the complete series' purchase price just to rent the discs and couldn't get through them all in the couple of days I was allowed. I resorted to CBC weekly broadcasts, eventually.
Well, it seems I put in into the universe that the series would one day be mine. Not quite in my budget (and I don't do bootlegs, especially not for something like this), I literally used to stare silently at the boxed sets in the stores....

Last night, hubby was rewarded for outstanding performance at work and guess what he was given and, in turn, handed to me and said "this is for you"...........
Of course, I'm not really going to claim them as my own, but I will definitely care for them as well as I do my Princess Bride, Lord of the Rings trilogy and Elf dvds...
edit post
1 Response to 'Planet Earth'
  1. Treeh
    http://leiskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/08/planet-earth.html?showComment=1220018700000#c8444554450219801622'> August 29, 2008 at 10:05 AM

    AWESOME!!! Congrats to Ben!!!

    So hey, can I borrow them so I can make copies for myself?

    JUST KIDDING.